Wow. A whole year has gone by since I sent my soldier off to become GI Joe. Wow. That kind of blew my mind. Not just how fast a whole year had gone, but how slow it felt, and how much has happened. Barely three months into marriage, a few weeks before Thanksgiving, my man was off, not knowing the next times I'd speak to him, with just the promise of letters. I still can't believe it was real sometimes.
I'm going to recap how much has happened in the last year since he left:
- I left my job in Philadelphia.
- I left Pennsylvania and moved to DC.
- I was unemployed for four months.
- Enough family drama with my sibling to last a lifetime.
- My husband graduated from basic training.
- My husband started his new job.
- Auditions and master classes.
- A death in the family.
- We celebrated a year of marriage.
- My niece turned one.
- I got a new job.
- I got pregnant.
- I had a miscarriage.
All of that feels like enough for more than just a year. Even a lifetime. It's been a difficult year, I'm not going to lie. There has been a lot of hard break and difficulty and negative things, but so many positive things, so many successes. Even though it's not New Years yet, I feel compelled to begin contemplating the things I hope for this upcoming year, a year as an official Army Wife.
Now, before you leave with too much seriousness. LOOK! Vanilla extract in the making!!!