Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week 1 - Day 5

Happy Thanksgiving!!  It has truly been a day of things to be thankful.  I have been MIA for a few reasons.  Tuesday I ended up in the ER for stomach pain, for those of you who know me, know that I have a pretty high tolerance for that.  I drove myself to the ER and surprisingly got in and got a bed right away.

I had the nicest nurse, PA, and doctor.  Long story short to spare you the gory details, I am okay.  I was diagnosed with an inflammation of my ileum in my small intestine.  I know, lovely.  It could be an acute cause or it could be from something more chronic.  I have to go to the doctor to get more information.  I'm on medication to heal this up and I have taken time off work as per request of my doctor to let myself heal.  Thank goodness I did because the meds have been giving me some less than enjoyable side effects.

So I have been resting and trying not to move too much.  I'm on a special diet now too, but luckily turkey and mashed potatoes were still on the menu.  I should be good to go back to work on Monday.  Never a dull moment here.

I got my phone call today!  Fifteen whole minutes.  My husband seems to be doing really well.  He mentioned that he rolled his ankle and sprained it a couple of days ago but that it was feeling better.  He mentioned that they did get a Thanksgiving dinner and he hoovered it in under 10 minutes so he must he eating quick meals.  He also told me that he getting close to be part of the Alpha group in his unit, in terms of his physical achievements.  I'm so impressed and happy that he's succeeding.  He sent me a couple letters which I can't wait to receive which give me tons more details and hopefully I will get his address soon to send him my letters!  I caught him up to everything that was going on with me as well.

I loved getting the phone call, but it was so short and it made me miss him so much more.  It's probably the last phone call I will get until I see him next month.  *Sigh*

I'm pissed because this whole intestine bullshit is halting my progress on loosing weight because of the stupid diet and I can't expertise or really exert myself much on these meds.  So I may have to amend my list a bit.

Right now I am thankful for my family, for my husband, for the holidays, and for the wonderful ER folks who are making a difference every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment