Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week 10 - Day 2

My true colors of commitment are showing, I have been remiss in my blog keeping.  But really, it's for your benefit, I wouldn't want you to have to read anything boring.  Although life has actually been mildly entertaining recently...

This weekend was a lot of fun, I got to spent time with my Mom and help babysit my adorable niece.  Every time I babysit her it makes me more and more excited to start a family with my husband.  Of course, she is a VERY well behaved little baby so she makes it seem not so bad.  I love making her laugh and smile and reading to her.  It's so fulfilling.  My Mom and I always have a good time looking after her.  I can't believe she's almost 5 months old... crazy...

I received a bunch of letters from my husband last week, he's amazing and has actually found the time to write me almost daily.  Granted the letters are short and sweet but I'm so proud of the progress he's making.  He sang the National Anthem for his whole Platoon and will probably be the one singing it at his graduation.  No surprise there.  He also told me that in terms of PT or Physical Training, he ranks 5th in his whole platoon.  The guys still don't believe he's as old as he his, well, believe it boys!  I couldn't be more proud of him.  I can't wait to visit him and be let into his world and life there.

In terms of my own PT, I actually motivated myself to go to the gym, and kind of enjoyed it.  A little elliptical, a little arm strength training, it felt good, plus it validated spending the rest of the day doing nothing. Okay, well not nothing, I spent a good part of the day preparing for an audition I had yesterday.  I know, I actually kept my word and auditioned for something finally!

The audition went really well, I felt confident, comfortable, and in rewinding my performance I can't criticize a note.  Those behind the table seemed impressed, but those in the casting world have very good poker faces, so who knows.  Rehearsals for this particular show start April 15th so I may not hear anything for awhile.  Not that that has stopped me from obsessively checking my e-mail every 5 seconds.  Oh wait, I already do that.  Getting a role in this show would mean a major life change, as this is a professional theater and they rehearse 6 days a week all day.  Life change? Sign me up, I'm ready for an adventure!

In other news, I also had a doctor's appointment yesterday and I will be having minor outpatient surgery on Friday.  I don't want to get in to the details, suffice to say, this isn't a life threatening thing, it's fine.  This is something I've been putting off and now is the right time to get it done.  No biggie.

Also, I made Sherry Cake this weekend, a trial run for my grandmother's birthday in a few weeks.  It's a little more cooked than I wanted but it tastes delicious.





No comments:

Post a Comment