Monday, March 17, 2014

Week 11 - Day 1

What a weekend!  I think three day weekends should be mandatory, it just evens out the week.  Even when you're having minor surgery on your Friday off.  Everything went really, really well with the surgery.  I am still a little sore but each day I get better and better.  I am so lucky to have an amazing family to help take care of me in my husband's absences.  I am also super lucky that I had a chance to speak to him both before AND after the surgery.

I spoke with him Wednesday night in the middle of my CPR re-certification class, a surprise call!  As irony would have it, the reason he got to call me was because he aced his Lifesaver exam, how funny is that?  We got to speak for almost 15 minutes and catch up a bit.  I miss him so much, but it's wonderful to hear how well he's doing.

I also got to speak to him Saturday and let him know that everything when well and hear all about how he got a PT badge for excelling in the Physical Training exam.  Also about how he's completely ripped and I'm apparently really going to enjoy his muscled physique, haha.  Hearing that makes me feel like I need to work out more!

Being tender from surgery it was wonderful to have someone around to help take care of me, change my bandage, lift heavy things, keep me fed, and help remind me when to take pain meds.  The first day I was a little groggy from the anesthesia, so there was a lot of napping involved.

Saturday I felt even better, less sore, so I could go out and run some errands and even go out to dinner.  And we watched Frozen OnDemand on Saturday night and they loved it!  Love that movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment