Thursday, March 27, 2014

Week 12 - Day 4

Interesting, I labeled my last blog post as "Boobs, Diets, and Family Day" and significantly more people decided to take a look.  I see how it is Internet, all I need is to talk about boobs to get your attention.  Well you can stop reading now, because the topic is closed... for now.

Day 2 of the Dukan Diet.  For those of you who don't know what this diet is, it is a modified version of Atkins, but stricter and eventually allows you the freedom to eat (mostly) whatever you want.  It starts off with the "Attack" phase which is (depending on your current weight and the weight you want to lose) 1-5 days of eating only protein, no-fat dairy, and a small amount of oat bran.  The good news is, from this list, you can eat as much protein as you like.  You then proceed to "Cruise" phase where you add vegetables, from a list and alternate protein and veggie days.  This time period gets you to your goal weight.  Finally, your reach "Consolidation" phase which you start introducing fruits, cheese, and starches in limited amounts.  You do this in order to reach stabilization where you are able to maintain your weight permanently.

I've never done this as far past Cruise phase, so I'm anxious to see if I can get there this time.  It's a lot easier to do this diet when I'm alone, so I probably should have started it earlier, but we will see.  I'm halfway through my last attack day so I'm excited to have a salad tomorrow!  This website has some great recipes to help you keep it interesting.  What's tricky about this diet, is it's really hard to eat out so you have to take the time to put the good foods in your house and take time to prepare your meals.

I've been getting up a lot earlier to prepare my meals and last night at 10:30pm I even put a meal in the crockpot.  Go me!   I'm already noticing a difference in my body and a pound worth of weight loss!

In other news the weather for graduation week is looking amazing, I'm looking forward to sundress and sandals... might need to get a pedicure before next week.  Can't wait to see my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment