Monday, March 24, 2014

Week 12 - Day 1

9 days, I can't believe it!  You know what that means right?  This week is going to go sooo sllllloowwww... it's a law of physics.  I don't know which law, but I'm sure it's in there somewhere, something about watched pots, or whatever.  Not really my area.

This weekend was a bit of an emotional roller coaster, but when all was said and done I think it balanced more to the positive side of things.  Friday was our six month wedding anniversary, which I guess isn't a huge deal, although in this day and age it means you've been married longer than most of the celebrity marriages that started and ended.  Yippee.  If my soldier was home we probably would have celebrated somehow.  Friday was just a crap day, there was something negative in the air and it just didn't go away.

Saturday, on the other hand, was a wonderful day, a birthday party for my grandmother that we celebrated at my Mom's house with my uncles, aunt, cousins, and grandparents, just a wonderful day filled with comfort food and laughter.  Also, my sherry cake made its family debut and was very well received by all,  including several encores.

Sunday I went to my Mom's band concert, she plays the flute and piccolo in a community concert band, and they played some very cool marches, a Glenn Miller medley, it was a lot of fun.  Well, despite the perfectly timed surprise phone call from my husband who always seems to call me when I'm attempting to have a life, haha.  Never when I'm sitting at home doing nothing!  What am I going to do though?  He called right towards the end of the intermission and I leaped up to take the call and I got to talk to him for 45 minutes!!

They finished their 10 mile march home, which is sort of the final hurrah of the intense basic training, and are now doing a lot of "house-keeping" duties, inventories, cleaning weapons, etc.  He said at one point he was so tired that he was falling asleep while cleaning his weapon, dropping pieces on the floor and everything, haha.  I'd like the thank the army in advance for preparing my husband for taking care of a newborn.  He will be so used to sleep deprivation!  Their unit also got their berets which is a big badge of honor and means that they are that much closer to becoming graduated soldiers.  I cannot WAIT to see him.

In other news, I had to turn down THREE auditions because they conflict with our summer vacation in July/August.  I'm a little upset, but since this vacation is sort of my reason for living these days, haha, I'm not that bummed.  I can't wait for the sea and the sand and a rum swizzle!  I really do live to travel.  Tomorrow will be my first acting class and I'm still cramming my monologue to get it semi-memorized.

Also, these started growing... Spring is trying to get here, despite the icky snow predicted for tomorrow...







No comments:

Post a Comment