Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Week 6 - Day 3

I've had an ability since I was a child to wake up from a wonderful dream, shut my eyes, and will myself back in to the fantasy world.  It works, I can get myself back to the dream, but it only usually works once, so if by chance you wake me up after the second attempt, I will be on the wrong side of the bed for the rest of the day.  I've always had a very vivid imagination, especially as a child.  A vivid imagination results in the best daydreams but the worst nightmares.

Two nights ago was the first time in awhile I had such a wonderful dream that I felt compelled to return.  I won't bore you with the details... even though they probably wouldn't bore you at all, but this return resulted in me sleeping until noon!  Sometimes one needs to commit to their fantasy world and let the imagination muscle work out a little bit.  Where am I going with this?  Today, reality disappoints and I allowed myself to retreat into the beautiful imagination.

It's hard to do this for any prolonged period of time during the work week being plagued with so many annoying adult things like, working, doctor appointments, and deciding how early you should leave your rehearsal tonight so you can get groceries before the impending snowpocalypse.

In loyalty to one of the missions of my blog, I will say that I got a text from my husband today, a "secret text."  He still hasn't been cleared by the surgeon, he was supposed to see him/her Monday, and then today, but both times got cancelled.  So, he remains annoyingly in limbo.  I was so pleased for a little dose of happy today in between my adult and imagination moments.

Snow snow snow.  Ugh.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment