Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week 8 - Day 4

So I thought I'd take this opportunity to get back to part of the reason I started this blog, to hold myself accountable for achieving a few goals while my husband is working on his own at Basic Training.  And these were the goals I had wanted to accomplish during his first phase of training:

1)      Work out, work out!!
2)      Write to Adam every day
3)      Learn one new aria
4)      Audition for local community theater
5)      Lose 8 lbs.
6)      Finish decorating the apartment
7)      Reorganize
8)      Finish sorting through wedding stuff
9)      Complete Christmas Bucket List
10)   Finish EMS Continuing Credits
11)    Finish designing this blog

I actually did lose the weight that I wanted to lose but I gained most of it back so it's not really counted as a fulfilled goal, plus, while I occasionally worked out, I don't believe I reached my goal.  So, 7/11 isn't too terrible is it?  I felt very busy and fulfilled during the first phase of his training, now I need to reboot and set some new goals for myself.

1) Work out, 2.0

I am going to make this more achievable and set some weekly goals for myself regarding exercise.

2) Lose 8 lbs

Most of this will involve keeping with the exercise and improving my diet a little bit.  More to come on this.

3) Audition for local community theater

While I may have blown off one or two auditions last year, I think part of the problem was finding something that I really wanted to do.  I did audition for my choir which I was accepted in but I definitely need to find some theater to do.

4) Get re-certified for CPR

This is a little short term but I need to get this done and I need to be accountable for it.  I'm schedule for a class on 3/12.

5) Do something new every week

Pretty self explanatory, I will try to keep it interesting I promise!

6) Finish book about Grandmother

Several years ago I bought this book for my Mom's mother.  She is an amazing woman with an amazing life and I thought it would be fun and historically necessary to interview her and write this book for her and our family.  Note, this was purchased... oh boy I just checked my e-mails, FOUR years ago.  Part of the problem was I used to live far away so getting together was difficult to complete this task.  Also, the original version of this book was destroyed in hurricane Sandy, it was sitting in my car that got flooded, so that was a bit of a set-back.  Now. I have ZERO excuse not to finish this.  Time is a precious thing when it comes to grandparents, and I am going to try and finish this before my solider returns.  Procrastinators need deadlines.  They may not complete the task before the deadline, or even by the deadline, but it will get done.

That's all I have so far, I'm planning on coming up with more goals.  Do you have any suggestions?  What are some goals you have for yourself?



No comments:

Post a Comment