Thursday, December 5, 2013

Week 2 - Day 4

T-minus 14 days until my husband comes home!!  We are more than halfway there... wooooahhh we're halfway there, woaaaaaoh livin' on a prayer... okay I'm done, I promise.  It's crazy though, the limited contact, it's messing with me.  I keep looking at my wedding pictures and my ring and thinking, "I know this happened, but did it?"  It all feels a little like a dream in someways.  It's bizarre.

The good news is, I am having a BALL planning all kinds of fun activities for us to do when he gets home.  For example, I know that one of the first things my husband will want to do when he gets home is... no get your mind out of the gutter... go see the Hobbit Part 2.  So that's what we are going to do Friday and some kind of restaurant, I'm thinking Ruby's for burgers and milkshakes.

Serious time, I'm going to admit something to you all, because I feel like we're gotten close and I can share things with you.  I'm kind of nervous to see Adam again.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, but I'm pretty much the same person he'll be coming back to, plus or minus a gastric disorder.  I've pretty much had to lay off the diet/exercise concept until I get seen by a doctor, so those goals are shot.  I know he'll be happy to see me, but he's going to come back half a soldier.  He's learned so much by this point, is probably in the best shape of his life, and has something to be extremely proud of.  I am thrilled he has all this, but I hope it doesn't make me feel less about myself.  Yes, this is a stupid irrational fear, but there it is.

Plus he's going to look scary without hair... I might need to get him a wig.  Although, I can then refer to him as Gollum as a new pet name... hmmm... maybe this will be fun.

Another day in the life of a low-residue diet, and I had to throw out 2/3 of my lunch.  Stupid pre-prepared tuna with icky carrot and celery bits and WHEAT crackers.. ERG.  Honestly, I may lose weight just trying to do this damn regime.  Exercise is definitely out though considering every time I take the stair I run the risk of getting a headache.

Still no news on the letter front, no address, no unit, no nothing.  According to the website I should except this information 10-14 from "my soldier's ship date" so Thanksgiving messed everything up so hopefully I will get this info today or tomorrow.  I feel bad because he's going through this alone and not getting any mail.  Even though it's partially his fault for not just giving me his address when he called like he was supposed to.

On tonight's agenda is watching the Sound of Music, LIVE!  I really wish I could drink alcohol while watching this... hopefully it's enjoyable.



No comments:

Post a Comment