Welp, so far this day hasn't improved. As of this morning the gingerbread making class that was supposed to take place tomorrow is cancelled "due to inclement weather" aka 1 BLOODY INCH OF SNOW! I'm so ticked off! Oh but it's rescheduled for next weekend, which I can't do. Uggggghhhh. Which means I'm going to have to bake my own damn gingerbread house. Time to raid the candy store for roof shingles.
Today was our department office holiday party, for which I baked delicious cupcakes. There was a ton of food, my goodness! I squirreled away one of my own cupcakes so I could taste my handiwork. I'm happy to report that I am a cupcake master! I have to say, I think the secret to amazing baking creations is patience, monitoring the cooking time, and knowing your oven. And the key to amazing frosting? A KitchenAid standing mixer. I'm so thankful I got one for our wedding, it's my new favorite thing.
|Office party food|
|The best cupcakes|
I think playing a brass instrument messes with the voice too, because of all the tension and movement needed with the tongue. Once I stopped playing, my voice improvement significantly. Could also be because I had more time to devote...
5) See the Macy's Center Light Show and
8) Make a Christmas ornament wreath
9) Sit by the fire and drink hot chocolate
10) Sing Christmas Carols - Singing in a holiday concert (with my husband) on 12/22
11) Volunteer and
12) Finish my Christmas shopping/wrapping before husband gets home
13) Bake Christmas cookies - this weekend!
14) Go ice-skating (including getting my ice skates sharpened)
15) Make a gingerbread house - TBD.... curse you snow!!!!